IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A van driver in Irving is very fortunate to be alive following a wrong-way crash early this morning.
Around midnight, a van was heading west on Highway 114 near Cistercian when the driver was shocked to see headlights coming right at him. It was too late to swerve out of the way and the van was clobbered by an on-coming car, causing massive damage to both vehicles.
Then, with police and firefighters on the scene, an airport shuttle bus careened into the crash site, striking a parked car belonging to the Irving Fire Department Battalion Chief in charge of the scene.
Despite severe damage to the vehicles, there were no serious injuries. Police thought the wrong-way driver seemed confused and was therefore sent to the hospital to have blood drawn to check his alcohol level.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs