NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) - No matter what you publish — a blog, updates to the company website, project reports or even the venerable tri-fold — you no doubt need artwork to complement it. Most people run to the internet in search of photos and clip art, since those images are free and easily accessed. But a lot of those resources are copyrighted, and using them without permission can easily land you in an embarrassing legal confrontation. That’s easy to avoid, though, if you know how and where to look for the right kind of images.
In a nutshell, you should look for photos and other images which have a Creative Commons license. Creative Commons is the name of a nonprofit organization that has developed a number of licenses, all available for free, to help artists share their work.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs