CUSHING, Okla. (CBSDFW.COM) – President Barack Obama is green-lighting the proposed southern leg of the Keystone pipeline.
The pipeline, if approved, will eventually run from the Canadian province of Alberta to the Beaumont area of the Texas Gulf Coast.
The southern leg of the line would begin in Cushing, Oklahoma, a town of roughly 10,000 located 70 miles northeast of Oklahoma City.
The pipeline would cross through much of Northeast Texas toward the gulf, with pump stations located in Delta, Wood and Smith counties. >>Click here to see a map from the State Department<<
President Obama addressed the recent politicization of the pipeline today in Cushing as part of a two-day energy policy tour. >>Read more about the speech from CBS News<<
Also Check Out:
- AA Passenger Causes Disturbance After Leaving DFW Airport
- Bieber Tweet Overwhelms Dallas Grandmother With Frenzied Fans
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Doctor Discusses Computer Vision Syndrome