Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Texas Rangers starter Yu Darvish struck out 11 and allowed three runs in six innings in a 5-3 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Friday night in his final spring start in Arizona.
Jason Giambi hit a two-run home run, his first of the spring, off Darvish in the second inning. Giambi and Todd Helton each doubled off Darvish, who will be the No. 4 starter in the Rangers rotation. He has a 3.60 ERA.
Darvish struck out Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki each three times. The right-hander allowed six hits and walked one.
The Rangers’ Josh Hamilton left the game after seven innings with a tight left groin.
The Rockies’ Michael Cuddyer left in the sixth after a Darvish pitch hit him on the right hand.
Rockies starter Jhoulys Chacin allowed five runs in 6 1/3 innings. He struck out three and walked one.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Lewisville Man Kills Wife After Dog Defecates In House
- Charges Against JetBlue Captain Suspected Of In-Flight Disturbance
- Dallas Snake Sighting Prompts Park Warning
- 48,000 Sq. Ft. Texas Mansion Heads To Auction
- Perfect Attendance Will Equal New Car For FWISD Student