From Texas Rangers
ARLINGTON (AP) - Workers at Rangers Ballpark took shelter in hallways when a strong storm front passed through the area that included tornadoes in other parts of the region.
There was no structural damage reported at the ballpark, where the two-time American League champions were preparing to play an exhibition game against the Mexico City Red Devils on Tuesday night.
Rangers catcher Mike Napoli posted a video from the dugout that showed dark clouds rolling through the sky above the stadium. Gusty and swirling winds lifted up the tarp that was covering the field.
Michael Young and Josh Hamilton were among several players who were delayed getting to the ballpark while waiting for the storms to clear.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Lewisville Man Kills Wife After Dog Defecates In House
- Charges Against JetBlue Captain Suspected Of In-Flight Disturbance
- Dallas Snake Sighting Prompts Park Warning
- 48,000 Sq. Ft. Texas Mansion Heads To Auction
- Perfect Attendance Will Equal New Car For FWISD Student