DALLAS (AP) – A person familiar with the deal says SMU and Larry Brown have an agreement in place for the Hall of Famer to become the next men’s basketball coach of the Mustangs.
Brown has agreed to the take the job, according to a person who spoke Thursday on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because the school has not made an official announcement. The Dallas Morning News, citing an unidentified source, first reported the agreement. Was reached after several days of negotiations.
SMU is moving from Conference USA to the much tougher Big East in 2013. It fired Matt Doherty last month after six seasons, and the Mustangs haven’t won an NCAA tournament game since 1988, the year Brown led Kansas to the national championship.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Bullying Complaints Surface Against H.S. Football Coach
- Original Mud Run Participant Dies During Fort Worth Event
- Suspects Who Set Dallas Dog On Fire Wanted
- Dallas Home Invasion Ends With Deadly Shooting