ODESSA (AP) - The author of a best-selling book on one West Texas high school’s football season has penned an e-book focusing on his friendship with one of the team’s players.
H.G. “Buzz” Bissinger first book, “Friday Night Lights,” focused on Odessa’s 1988 Permian Panthers that lost in the state semifinals. It also took a harsh look at educational, economic and social problems in Odessa.
“After Friday Night Lights” is about Bissinger’s years-long friendship with Boobie Miles, a running back who blew out his knee in a 1988 preseason scrimmage.
A news release Thursday said the legacy Bissinger cares about most from his involvement with the Permian story is his friendship with Miles.
The e-book is available at Apple’s iBookstore, at Amazon, and Barnes & Nobles’ BN.com.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Bullying Complaints Surface Against H.S. Football Coach
- Original Mud Run Participant Dies During Fort Worth Event
- Suspects Who Set Dallas Dog On Fire Wanted
- Dallas Home Invasion Ends With Deadly Shooting