DALLAS (AP) - Prosecutors say the discovery of a misplaced cell phone with child pornography images has led to 30 years in prison for a North Texas man.
A federal judge in Dallas on Tuesday sentenced 26-year-old Gary Lee Jackson of Garland. Jackson in December pleaded guilty to receiving child pornography and to possessing more than 1,000 such images.
Police say an individual contacted officers last August about child porn images on a cell phone that Jackson left in the person’s car.
Jackson told police that he has a history of exploiting children. An officer testified that Jackson described how in 2007 a woman named Amber Schmidt “bought” him a 12-year-old girl for his birthday. Jackson says he molested the child.
Schmidt in January pleaded guilty to transporting and shipping child porn. She awaits sentencing.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough
- Parents Of Special Needs Child Say Their Boy Was Restrained
- Tossed Ball At Rangers Game Causes Uproar
- Dallas Woman Jailed After Man Found Castrated
- Friend’s Advice For Deion & Pilar: “Stop!”