FORT DAVIS (AP) - Firefighters are making good progress controlling a pair of wildfires that torched about 24,000 acres close to a small residential community in rugged far West Texas.
Texas Forest Service spokeswoman April Saginor says a blaze known as the Spring Mountain fire is about 60 percent contained. An evacuation order was issued earlier this week at the Davis Mountain Resort after that fire blew to within half a mile of the residential development.
Saginor describes a larger blaze at the Livermore Ranch as in “good shape” and nearly contained by fire lines. She says firefighters hope to complete the fire containment lines on that blaze Thursday.
No building damage or injuries have been reported from the fires.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough
- Parents Of Special Needs Child Say Their Boy Was Restrained
- Tossed Ball At Rangers Game Causes Uproar
- Dallas Woman Jailed After Man Found Castrated
- Friend’s Advice For Deion & Pilar: “Stop!”