Rested Spurs Win Game 1 Over Weary Clippers 108-92
SAN ANTONIO (AP) – Tim Duncan had 26 points and 10 rebounds and the San Antonio Spurs, recharged after a weeklong layoff, wore down the busy Los Angeles Clippers to win Game 1 of their Western Conference semifinals series, 108-92 on Tuesday night.
Playing for the sixth time in 11 days, the Clippers gave San Antonio its toughest first half of the playoffs before fading fast. And unlike their stunning Game 1 comeback at Memphis in the first round, they didn’t have the wind this time.
Manu Ginobili added 22 points for the Spurs, who’ve won 15 in a row. It’s the longest winning streak sustained in the NBA playoffs since the 2004 Spurs won 17 straight.
Eric Bledsoe led the Clippers with 23 points.
Game 2 is Thursday night.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Teen Tried To Rob Officer At Police Station
- Parents Must Accompany Teens At Dallas Mall
- Dallas Man Racks Up 38,000,000 Airline Miles
- Powerful HOAs Leave Many Texans Feeling Homeless
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription