DALLAS (AP) - A natural gas company serving a dozen states has warned customers that President Barack Obama will not be paying their bills.
Dallas-based Atmos Energy says the scheme falsely claims Obama is providing credits or directly paying utility bills.
Atmos spokeswoman Jennifer Ryan said Thursday that scammers then asked for the customer’s Social Security number.
Ryan says Atmos workers always carry proper identification and never contact customers requiring personal information.
Atmos is one of the country’s largest natural-gas-only distributors. The company says it serves more than 3 million customers in Texas, Colorado, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Mississippi and Louisiana.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Teen Tried To Rob Officer At Police Station
- Parents Must Accompany Teens At Dallas Mall
- Dallas Man Racks Up 38,000,000 Airline Miles
- Powerful HOAs Leave Many Texans Feeling Homeless
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription