STILLWATER, OK (AP) – Running back Herschel Sims, one of the prized recruits in Oklahoma State’s signing class last year, has been dismissed from the team for violating team rules.
Coach Mike Gundy announced Sims dismissal Friday but did not elaborate.
Sims ran for 242 yards on 31 carries with two touchdowns during the Cowboys run to the Big 12 championship last season, when he was the teams third-string running back. He was still in that position during spring practice, with starter Joseph Randle and backup Jeremy Smith both returning.
Sims was a celebrated recruit out of Abilene (Texas) High School, running for 2,352 yards while leading his team to the Class 5A state championship as a junior.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas Pizza Chain Giving Free Pizza For Ordering In Spanish
- Animal Shelter May Have To Perform Mass Euthanization
- Cows Killed & Injured, I-35 Closed After Cattle Truck Crash
- Mom Says Reunion With Missing Children Not Joyous
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change