10. Rangers have played 54 games. In other words they’re 1/3rd of the way through the regular season. Projections: Josh Hamilton will hit 63 homers and Matt Harrison will win 21 games. Yeah, right.
9. Albert Pujols is 2-for-19 against the Rangers this season. None of the outs bigger than yesterday’s meek flyout with the bases loaded in the 7th inning of a two-run game. Alexi Ogando shattered his bat with 100 mph gas.
8. What was with all the black Cowboy hats Saturday night in Anaheim? And how did Southlake’s Rory Sabbatini get one in time for Sunday’s final round at The Memorial golf tournament?
7. Rip C.J. Wilson all you want, but the Angels are 2-0 vs. Texas in games he’s started … and made it out of the 1st inning.
6. The Angels are as excited about Ernesto Fieri as we all were two years ago about Neftali Feliz.
5. Been a while since we saw a Ranger as mad as catcher Yorvit Torrealba Saturday night. Hopping. Spinning. Screaming. Mask-throwing. Classic stuff. Remember, it was Torrealba who was suspended for 66 games in Winter Ball in Venezuela for punching an ump.
4. Rangers’ starting pitchers took no-hitters into the 4th inning of every game, yet still Texas lost the series, 2-1.
3. For all of you exclaiming the generic “Nelson Cruz hit that ball a mile!”, actually it was 484 feet. Longest in baseball this season.
2. Elvis Andrus thought a grounder hit in the 7th inning Saturday night grazed Angels’ runner Erick Aybar so … he stopped? He fielded the ball cleanly but instead of calmly throwing out Mike Trout for an out he immediately started arguing, leading to an infield single and, eventually, two Angels’ runs. He said he’s never encountered that situation, but I find that hard to believe. You?
1. After Saturday’s sloppy loss manager Ron Washington called a 15-minute team meeting at which he, outfield coach Gary Pettis, Michael Young and Ian Kinsler spoke. Can’t wait for the secret tape to be released any minute now.
Also Check Out: