Filed underPro Golf
MEMPHIS, TN (AP) – Rory McIlroy tends not to play a tournament the week before a major. Then again, he tends not to miss three straight cuts.
With his game in need of a tune up, McIlroy added the St. Jude Classic to his schedule to play a few more competitive rounds before the U.S. Open.
McIlroy is among 29 players in Memphis getting ready for the Open, even though no one has won a PGA Tour event and then the U.S. Open the following week.
McIlroy said Wednesday he’s just trying to turn his game around and is happy to have the chance to play another tournament before heading to The Olympic Club.
He flew to San Francisco and spent four days at Olympic after missing the cut last week at Memorial.
(© Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Aging Men Turn To Botox For Job Hunting Edge
- Super-Sized Hen Egg Had Another Egg Inside
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Veterinarian Cares For Two Legged Dogs
- Pizza Shop Set To Start Spanish Only Promotion