DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) - Storms in Texas left nearly 20,000 homes and businesses without electricity.
Oncor on Thursday first reported more than 16,000 customers losing power as crews work to restore service. The outages stretch from Sherman to the DFW area and into Central Texas. That number has since been lowered to 7,900 customers, with outages dwindling in the Austin and Houston areas.
Austin Energy had reported about 3,200 customers without electricity. CenterPoint Energy in Houston had about 510 customers losing power.
The National Weather Service says showers and thunderstorms are expected in north and central parts of Texas until Friday.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Aging Men Turn To Botox For Job Hunting Edge
- Super-Sized Hen Egg Had Another Egg Inside
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Veterinarian Cares For Two Legged Dogs
- Pizza Shop Set To Start Spanish Only Promotion