Filed underPro Golf
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson delivered an entertaining start to the U.S. Open in two very different ways.
Woods was working his way around The Olympic Club with ease Thursday, opening with four straight pars on the unleveled Lake Course before a bogey on the par-4 14th dropped him to 1 over. Mickelson, meanwhile, bogeyed three straight holes – losing his ball in the trees on his first tee shot – until he followed with a birdie.
Kevin Na was leading at 3 under through six. Four others were two shots back.
With a light fog blanketing the grounds and San Francisco’s steep hills in the backdrop, Woods kept his drives in the tight, twisting fairways and reached all but the one green in regulation.
Also Check Out:
- Aging Men Turn To Botox For Job Hunting Edge
- Super-Sized Hen Egg Had Another Egg Inside
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Veterinarian Cares For Two Legged Dogs
- Pizza Shop Set To Start Spanish Only Promotion