NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) - TNT’s reboot of the landmark series “Dallas” premiered Wednesday to an average audience of 6.8 million viewers, making it the No. 1 scripted series premiere on cable so far this year, according to reports.
The show, based on the drama first broadcast in 1978, lured in 1.9 million in the most desired demographic, adults 18 to 49, reports Entertainment Weekly.
TNT’s “Dallas” features the next generation of Ewings — John Ross Ewing (Josh Henderson), the son of J.R. and Sue Ellen, and Bobby’s son Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe). But fans of the original landmark series, which ended its 14-season run in 1991, were also able to see some familiar faces. Larry Hagman reprises his role as J.R., Linda Gray portrays Sue Ellen and Patrick Duffy returns as Bobby.
Also Check Out:
- Aging Men Turn To Botox For Job Hunting Edge
- Super-Sized Hen Egg Had Another Egg Inside
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Veterinarian Cares For Two Legged Dogs
- Pizza Shop Set To Start Spanish Only Promotion