FORT WORTH (AP) - A North Texas man has been sentenced to life in prison for killing a clerk during a $200 robbery captured on store security video.
A Tarrant County jury on Thursday convicted 31-year-old Frederick Jones of Fort Worth of capital murder.
Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty over last June’s fatal shooting of 66-year-old Azmi Elqutob of Arlington. Jones received an automatic life prison term for the attack inside a Fort Worth convenience store.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports the surveillance video shows a man with a bandanna over his face opening fire.
Two co-defendants who allegedly waited outside as Jones entered the store await trial on capital murder charges.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Lawsuit Filed Against Apple’s Siri Technology
- Storm Cells Trigger Damaging Hail In DFW
- Texas Teen Walking To D.C. With Cross On Back
- Wrong-Way Driver Sets Off Deadly Dallas Pileup
- Family’s Dream Home Turns Into A Nightmare