DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A SWAT team surrounded an apartment building after a man firing a shotgun in the air at random barricaded himself inside his unit in the 2300 block of Robert B Cullum Blvd., a police department spokesperson said.
One person was hospitalized when shrapnel from a round entered her apartment and hit her. Her injury was not believed to be serious, said Ashaki Hardeman with DPD.
The man was arrested shortly before 5 p.m. Officers found his shotgun tossed of in the apartment courtyard area. SWAT was called in because authorities were unsure whether there were other weapons in the apartment.
Nobody has been identified.
Also Check Out:
- Rangers Broadcaster Barnett OK After Bizarre On-Air Moment
- JCPenney’s Stock Price Tumbles
- Sheriff’s Office, Biker Disagree On Memorial Day Arrest
- Family Files Lawsuit After Funeral Home Mix-Up
- Family’s Dream Home Turns Into A Nightmare