bryan fuller Victim Relieved After Alleged Attacker Arrested

Brian Maurice Fuller was arrested Saturday morning after being on the run from police for two years. Fuller is accused of beating and robbing a North Texas woman in 2010.

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Walking around her North Dallas apartment on Monday, Jil Katz was joyful. The man who allegedly attacked her in a Whole Foods parking lot and stole her diamond ring in 2010 has finally been arrested. “It’s almost surreal,” said Katz. “It’s surreal. It’s been a long, crazy journey.”

That journey began on a night in February 2010, when she went to grab dinner for her family at a Whole Foods store on Preston Road in Dallas. She had just walked out of the store, was approached, and viciously attacked. “The first thing he did was start pounding my head into the asphalt,” Katz recalled. “That was probably the scariest. I just went into shock.”

Police said that Brian Fuller and Timothy Walters wanted her 7.5-carat diamond wedding ring, and they ended up getting it. After the attack, Katz’s injuries were so severe that she needed five surgeries and extensive therapy to heal her emotional scars. “At first, you are numb, as if it happened to someone else. Then, I hit a stage of going into a cocoon.”

Surveillance cameras captured the shocking crime on video. That led to Fuller’s arrest. Even though Fuller had a long criminal history, his bond was lowered from $500,000 to $50,000. Fuller walked out of jail two years ago, and had been on the run since. “Him being released like that just ripped the wound, ripped the scab off the wound, and left me pretty raw,” Katz said. “It was like being violated all over again.”

Two weeks ago, investigators got the break in the case they needed. Fuller was profiled on “America’s Most Wanted.” Tips from the show led U.S. Marshals right to Fuller, who had been living under another name in the small East Texas town of Frankston. He was arrested on Sunday morning.

Katz admitted that the arrest is a huge relief for her, and it also means no more potential victims. “There was something so strong in me, because of my situation, that possibly someone that for so many years that had been committing crimes and gotten away with them, that it would have been my situation that would have been the one that finally stopped this,” she said. “That’s huge.”

Walters was convicted in April and sentenced to 25 years in prison. Fuller should be extradited to the Dallas County Jail within the next 10 days.

Also Check Out: