FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Drivers in Fort Worth can rejoice. One of many road construction projects across North Texas is wrapping up well ahead of schedule. The intersection of West Berry Street and South University Street, near the TCU campus, has been completely closed as part of a $2 million road expansion project.
That project was to continue into August, but Fort Worth city councilmember Joel Burns made a happy announcement at Tuesday night’s meeting. Construction is three weeks ahead of schedule, and the intersection would be opened back up for traffic on Monday, July 16.
This marks terrific news for nearby residents and businesses who have been frustrated with the blocked intersection, as well as TCU students and personnel traveling through the area.
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Middle School Principal Indicted
- Dallas Mavericks: Destruction Complete!
- Motorcyclist Dies During Garland Police Chase
- Drivers Stop I-30 Traffic To Watch Fair Park Fireworks
- Children Stranded In Dallas After Mother Dies