FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) – Call it being in the right place at the right time. Christy Daae calls it divine intervention, a God appointment. She was at the Woodland Springs Neighborhood Pool with her own two children when she saw two other children in trouble.

“All of a sudden, I heard a scream,” she said.

Her eyes immediately darted to the deep side of the pool where she saw a 3-year-old girl and a 4-year-old boy being pulled out of the deep end.

A woman, known only as Taryn, pulled out the 4-year-old boy and began CPR on him. Christy Daae ran over to help.

“I knew that’s what I needed to do to help. That’s what any mom would do,” she said.

Christy Daae is a mother but she’s also an ER nurse with Texas Health Fort Worth. She’s worked for the hospital for 16 years, 14 and a half as an ER nurse. She’s trained in child trauma.

“I knew exactly what to do. Taryn and I didn’t even talk. But we knew exactly what we were supposed to do,” she said.

It was still upsetting to hear the mothers of the two children in trouble. She heard the mother of the little girl say, “Emmy, wake up. Stay with me.”

“I couldn’t imagine being the mom that was beside that little boy, talking to him the whole time as we were doing CPR,” she said.

Daae didn’t think the mothers were neglectful.

“The mothers were very engaged. They were playing with all of the children. It just happened. It was an accident,” Daae said.

MedStar sent two ambulances to the scene. They had originally described the incident as a 4-year-old boy who had tried to keep a 3-year-old girl’s head above water.

There are no lifeguards at this neighborhood pool which was closed after the incident.

Barbie Garcia had come to the pool with her five grandchildren and said anything can happen with small children.

Pointing to her 2-year-old grandson she said, “He can run there just that fast. You have to be there. Because they don’t allow floaties, arm floaties. Because of that somebody has to be there,” Garcia said.

The little girl was never unconscious. She was taken by ambulance to Cook Children’s Hospital. The little boy didn’t have a pulse at the pool.

MedStar was able to get one. He was taken by helicopter to Cook Children’s Hospital. But it will have to be a wait and see with that little guy.

Also Check Out: