AUSTIN (AP) – A Texas Judge has ordered the Boy Scouts of America to produce secret files it keeps to prevent accused pedophiles from becoming employees of or volunteers for the organization.
District Judge Martha Tanner in San Antonio issued the order Tuesday for the Boy Scouts to turn over all of its “ineligible volunteer” files created between 1985 and 2011 as part of a lawsuit.
The suit was filed by a former scout who was sexually assaulted by an assistant scoutmaster in 2004 and 2005. The scoutmaster was convicted and is serving 60 years in prison.
The victim is now seeking unspecified damages against the Boy Scouts and its Alamo Area Council in San Antonio, alleging they failed to protect him.
The Boy Scouts says its files aren’t relevant to the suit.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband