From Dallas Cowboys
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
NEW YORK (AP) – The Dallas Cowboys have become the first American sports franchise worth more than $2 billion, according to Forbes magazine.
The NFL’s most valuable team for the sixth consecutive year, the Cowboys saw their overall worth increase 14 percent to $2.1 billion. That’s about $1 billion higher than the average NFL team value, $1.11 billion, up 7 percent.
New TV contracts, the collective bargaining agreement signed last year and lasting for a decade, and higher premium seating revenue contributed to the increases.
With new stadiums in the works for the Vikings and 49ers, their values skyrocketed. Minnesota had a 22 percent increase to $975 million, while San Francisco moved up 19 percent to $1.175 billion.
New England was second to Dallas in overall value at $1.635 billion.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband