DETROIT (AP) - General Motors says it will hire up to 500 people to staff a new computer center in Austin, Texas.
The automaker says it will hire software developers, project managers, database experts and business analysts.
The Austin center is the first of several that the company plans to open in the U.S. The company says it picked Austin because it has a workforce with the skills that GM needs for the jobs.
GM says its information technology innovation centers will help to get breakthrough ideas into the company’s cars and trucks. It’s also intended to improve GM’s business processes and drive down costs.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field