SAN ANTONIO (AP) - An Air Force instructor charged in a widening sex scandal at Lackland Air Force Base has admitted to having a tryst with a boot camp graduate.
Staff Sgt. Kwinton Estacio pleaded guilty Monday to charges of violating Air Force rules that prohibit instructors from having personal relationships with trainees. But on the more serious charge of sexual assault, Estacio pleaded not guilty and requested a trial.
The San Antonio Express-News reported that Estacio faces a maximum of 13 years in prison for the guilty plea.
Military prosecutors have investigated more than a dozen instructors at Lackland and charged six with crimes ranging from rape to adultery. Estacio is the fourth instructor to go on trial.
Lackland is where all American airmen report for basic training.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field