PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Even standing alone in a Philadelphia sports bar, Kasey Kahne kept an eye on the competition.
Kahne watched a Dale Earnhardt Jr. interview shown on the giant big screen TV before he answered questions from a pack of NASCAR fans.
Drivers in NASCAR’s Chase for the Sprint Cup championship crisscrossed their way across the country Tuesday to promote the 10-race playoff that will crown a champ. Kahne visited Philadelphia. Earnhardt did a media tour in Connecticut.
The “Chase Across America” tour sent drivers to various events where they met breast cancer survivors, Coast Guard personnel and firefighters.
The Chase kicks off Sunday at Chicagoland Speedway. Denny Hamlin holds the points lead over five-time Cup champion Jimmie Johnson. Defending champion Tony Stewart is third.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field