6 Go To Hospital After Classroom Experiment Goes Awry
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A teacher and several students in the Arlington Independent School District were taken to the hospital after a chemistry experiment went awry.
The incident happened around Noon at Arlington High School.
According to Arlington ISD spokeswoman Amy Casas, six people were overcome by fumes after an experiment was conducted during class time.
It isn’t known what type of chemicals caused the fumes. Emergency procedures were quickly initiated after the group started feeling sick.
“The room was evacuated. The fire department was called to check it out and make sure that everything’s okay, that the room is safe to return to,” Casas explained. “Thankfully everything’s okay. Parents were notified and thankfully it is an isolated incident but of course we wanted to make sure that everything was okay in this situation.”
The teacher and students complained of nausea and some experienced vomiting.
A hazardous materials team was called to the school to clear the fumes from the lab.
Classes in the rest of the school were not affected and no other areas were evacuated.
Also Check Out: