From Dallas Cowboys
IRVING (AP) – Ryan Cook was playing against the Dallas Cowboys in the preseason finale only a couple of weeks ago.
Now Cook is preparing to start in the middle of the Cowboys’ restructured offensive front Sunday at Seattle. He was already snapping to Tony Romo and making line calls only two series into the season opener.
After starting all 16 games at center for the Cowboys last season, Phil Costa dealt with back issues in training camp while two other candidates for the job, Bill Nagy and Kevin Kowalski, both injured ankles.
Costa only got through the first series in the season-opening win at New York before being sidelined again by his back. In went Cook, who had previously only gotten about 10 snaps with Romo in practice before some quick warm-ups on the sideline.
PLAY: Ryan Cook talks with 105.3 The Fan’s Elf & Slater Show
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field