DALLAS (AP) — Quarterback Johnny Manziel accounted for 418 total yards and six touchdowns in three quarters, and Texas A&M overcame a sluggish start to beat SMU 48-3 Saturday.
Manziel threw for four touchdowns and a school-freshman-record 294 yards. He also had 13 carries for 124 yards and a pair of a scoring runs.
Texas A&M (1-1) racked up 605 yards in offense and bounced back after losing its Southeastern Conference opener last week to No. 18 Florida.
SMU (1-2) suffered its most lopsided home loss since 2002, when it dropped a 52-6 contest to Oklahoma State.
Chase Hover kicked a 25-yard field goal in the third quarter for SMU’s only points.
Freshman Mike Evans had 123 yards receiving and Uzoma Nwachukwu caught a pair of touchdown passes for the Aggies, who are 11-0-1 against their former Southwest Conference rivals since 1984.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Keller Band Director Suddenly Transferred
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Suspect Admits To Murdering Teen In Jail Interview