SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Federal authorities have charged 12 people with immigrant smuggling and harboring after a roundup netted 28 suspects.
A federal indictment unsealed in San Antonio Tuesday accused the 12 in custody and eight others not yet arrested of conspiring to smuggle immigrants into the country from last September to last month.
According to court documents, authorities allege the suspects used stolen vehicles to smuggle more than 100 undocumented immigrants from Laredo to staging areas in San Antonio.
Another indictment partially unsealed in Laredo accuses the 16 others arrested of conspiring to smuggle immigrants over the latter half of last year.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field