From College Sports
MONROE, LA (AP) – The Baylor Bears look to extend the nation’s second-longest winning streak to nine games when they visit the surprising Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks on Friday night.
It will be the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
The Bears are 2-0 this season, 8-0 dating back to last season and will look to improve upon a 13-1 overall record against Sun Belt Conference teams.
Coach Todd Berry and his Louisiana-Monroe squad enters its home opener at 1-1, and nearly won both of its first two games on the road against Southeastern Conference teams.
The Warhawks are coming off an overtime loss at Auburn last Saturday after opening the season with an overtime upset of then-No. 8 Arkansas in Little Rock.
Both teams pass often, and Berry says to expect “fast-break” football.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Bruce Willis To Fight For iTunes Inheritance
- Boss Saves Employee’s Life At North Texas Office
- Twin Engine Airplane Crashes In Fort Worth
- Neighbors Remember Local “Kid” Who Died Green Beret Hero
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field