ARLINGTON (CBS 11 NEWS) – CBS-11 News has learned a major chain has expressed an interest in building a hotel in Arlington near Cowboys Stadium and Rangers Ballpark.
Arlington’s Mayor Rober Cluck wouldn’t identify the hotel chain, but said the company is considering a spot near the city’s convention center.
Cluck says the hotel may also include meeting space for conventions.
The Arlington Chamber of Commerce declined comment.
Cluck says any hotel is still a long way off.
“We’re getting closer. I’m not sure it’ll be this year, and it may not be at all, but we seem to be making progress.”
The mayor made the statement Friday at the U.S.-China Investment Summit, which attracted Chinese investors to Cowboys Stadium.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave