ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – An arrest has been made in the murders of Mechelle Gandy and her infant son, Asher Olivas.
Thomas Olivas, 29 of Bedford, was arrested Monday for the deaths and is being held by the Arlington Police Department.
Arlington’s Fugitive Unit partnered with the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team (F.A.S.T) to for the capture. Olivas was taken into custody at a sports bar in Hurst.
Olivas is the father of Asher, and former boyfriend of Gandy.
In March of 2011, the Arlington Fire Department discovered the bodies after responding to a fire at Gandy’s Apartment.
Bail for Olivas has been set at $1 million.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave