DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – You can almost smell the fried food in the air. That’s right, it’s time for the State Fair of Texas.
This Friday will be your first opportunity of the year to get your hands on a Fletcher’s corny dog out at Fair.
This morning Big Tex was stood up in his rightful place on Big Tex Circle.
The cowboy that each year watches over the State Fair is also celebrating a milestone. Big Tex is celebrating his 60th birthday!
Big Tex made his debut at the 1952 State Fair of Texas.
For his 2012 debut Big Tex has donned a 75-gallon cowboy hat, custom Dickies shirt and pants and a pair of size 70 Twisted X cowboy boots. In all the super-tall Texan will have on some 20 pounds of clothes.
The elder statesman of the fair is now in place, ready to greet visitors, with a big wave and his signature ‘howdy, folks!” welcome.
The State Fair of Texas runs from September 28 until October 21.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave