NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) - Oppa! Looks like Korean pop star Psy can add the Guinness World Record to his list of accomplishments. The artist’s video “Gangnam Style” nabbed the record for most likes on YouTube.
“Gangnam Style” debuted on YouTube on July 15 and currently has the 2,918,953 likes on the video sharing site. According to the Guinness World Record, Psy’s record is followed by LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem,” which currently has 1,583,448 likes and Justin Bieber’s “Baby,” with 1,336,667 likes.
Not only is “Gangnam Style” popular, the rate of its rise to viral video status was lightening fast. YouTube published a comparison of “Gangnam Style” with another summer hit video, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.” The comparison showed that “Call Me Maybe” had a steady rise of 1.5 million views each day, while “Gangnam Style” had over 6 million views per day.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas “Anonymous Hacktivist” Believed To Be In Custody
- Police Defend Physical Removal Of 77-Year-Old Driver
- Controversial Billboard Message Now On Bumper Stickers
- Former NFL Player Struggles To Live Normal Life
- Widow Sues Over Whereabouts Of Husband’s Grave