NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two North Texas cities have announced they will spray for mosquitoes later this week. Officials in both McKinney and neighboring Frisco will conduct ground spraying on Wednesday and Thursday night.
In Frisco, the spraying will target the Red Bud Estates, Winding Creek Estates, Custer Star Shopping Center, Frisco Heights, Stonelake Estates West and Villages at Willow Bay housing additions.
The spraying in McKinney will cover an area west of Custer Road, south of U.S. 380, east of Coit Road and north of Eldorado Parkway.
All spraying will happen between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
The decision to spray was made after another human case of the West Nile Virus was reported and a mosquito pool tested positive for the virus in McKinney.
Frisco residents can find out more about the scheduled spraying by logging on to a special West Nile webpage or by calling (972) 292-5304.
While the season for West Nile Virus is coming to an end there is still a risk for human infection.
North Texans are being advised to continue to take precautions against mosquito bites and potential infection by:
• Staying indoors at dawn, dusk and in the early evening
• Wearing long-sleeved shirts and long pants when outdoors
• Spraying clothing with repellents containing permethrin or DEET
• Repairing or replacing all screens in your home that have tears or holes
• Eliminating standing water that collects on your property
Also Check Out: