DALLAS (AP) - The New Year’s Day bowl game at the Cotton Bowl has a new sponsor.
The Heart of Dallas Bowl will debut Jan. 1 with teams from the Big 12 and Big Ten.
The Dallas-based nonprofit was announced Thursday as the sponsor replacement for TicketCity. The previous sponsor held the title the first two years for a game created to fill a void after the Cotton Bowl left its namesake facility for Cowboys Stadium in nearby Arlington.
The game on Jan. 1, 2014, will feature teams from the Big Ten and Conference USA.
Heart of Texas was formed recently with a mission of raising money for community needs through sports and entertainment events.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas