EL PASO (AP) - Actress Michelle Monaghan is at Fort Bliss filming a movie about a U.S. Army medic who returns from the war in Afghanistan.
The El Paso Times reported Sunday that the Hollywood star of “Source Code” and “Gone Baby Gone” fame joined soldiers, veterans and military family members to shoot takes of a scene for the upcoming film “Fort Bliss.”
More than a 100 volunteer extras turned out to help with the scene, which portrayed a ceremony to welcome troops home.
Monaghan wore a camouflage uniform and marched in-step with servicemen and women at the deployment center.
She said it is an honor to play the role and added that “everyone here has been very welcoming and helpful.”
Filming continues at the military post.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas