DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – DART passengers will soon be able to use their smartphones to board buses and trains.
The transit company will unveil a new mobile ticketing tool next spring that will allow riders to bypass lines, buy several passes at once and carry those tickets in their smartphone.
Riders will be able to use a credit card to buy any DART ticket. Their phone will show a ticket or a QR code that DART police can quickly scan. Eventually customers can also purchase parking or event passes.
“It offers the customer one-stop shopping for transit products, eliminating the need for a rider to search on multiple websites, and the rider can have the correct ticket delivered directly to their phone,” DART Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer David Leininger said.
The technology is being developed by Unwire, a Danish company, which has designed similar systems for mass transit in Stockholm and Copenhagen, Denmark.
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas