GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – A 17-year veteran of the Grapevine Police Department has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Authorities made the arrest, shortly after raiding the Crowley home of 46 year-old Phillip Woolery.
Former U.S. Attorney Matt Orwig says charges like these are serious, particularly for a member of law enforcement.
“It’s very serious anytime a police officer is arrested. And this is going to be a very serious offense,” he said. “Penalties for possession and transfer of child porn are very severe.”
Woolery is now on administrative leave.
Also Check Out:
- Toddler Recovering After Copperhead Snake Bite
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets After 3rd Seat Incident
- 2-Legged Pups Thriving & Inspiring Others
- Think Your Front Door Is Locked? Think Again
- 3.4-Magnitude Quake Recorded West Of Dallas