From Dallas Cowboys
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
DALLAS (AP) – Former New York Jets punter T.J. Conley is working out for the Dallas Cowboys, who recently signed veteran Brian Moorman to fill in for the injured Chris Jones.
Conley averaged 42.7 yards per punt last season and tied for third in the NFL with 32 kicks inside the 20-yard line, but was cut by the Jets a few days before the season opener.
Chuck Vine, a representative for Conley from Titan S.E.M., confirmed the workout Thursday. “No player ever wants an opportunity to arise from another’s injury,” Vine told The Associated Press, “but carpe diem, and we’ll see what happens.”
Jones sprained his left knee on a roughing-the-punter penalty in a win over Tampa Bay three weeks ago. The Cowboys signed Moorman a day after he was released by Buffalo.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out