CONCORD, N.C. (AP) – Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a concussion and will sit out the next two Sprint Cup races at Charlotte and Kansas.
The injury ends NASCAR’s most popular driver’s championship chances this season.
Hendrick Motorsports says Earnhardt Jr. was diagnosed Wednesday afternoon. He sustained the concussion in the 25-car pileup on the last lap of Sunday’s race at Talladega.
Regan Smith will replace Earnhardt Jr. in the No. 88 Chevrolet in the next two events
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out