KILLEEN (AP) - A Central Texas soldier suspected in the stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend has been caught in California.
Killeen police late Thursday announced the arrest of Fort Hood Spec. David Michael Vega at a motel in Turlock, Calif. Vega was being held Friday without bond in the Stanislaus County jail in Modesto, Calif., on a murder warrant.
Killeen police say a passing jogger on Aug. 17 heard 30-year-old Danielle Acosta-Guerrero screaming at her residence. The victim died later at a hospital. Her 6-year-old son was assaulted but survived.
A Turlock police officer early Thursday noticed a suspicious SUV outside a motel. The license plate turned out to be stolen. The vehicle was registered to Vega, who surrendered without incident.
Online jail records did not list an attorney for him.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out