PLANO (AP) - A western extension of the President George Bush Turnpike in North Texas has opened.
Rush hour drivers in the Grand Prairie area on Monday began using a new stretch of State Highway 161, which connects Interstate-30 and Interstate-20. The North Texas Tollway Authority describes the extended roadway as another important link in the growing loop around the Dallas area.
The more than six-mile extension has an interim speed limit of 70 mph. Lower speed limits in construction areas will be posted.
NTTA last December opened an extension to Interstate 30 from northwest Garland.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out