NEW YORK (AP) - Few teams in the Big 12 go into a league game expecting a defensive slugfest.
But old-school defense is making a comeback — at least among teams with realistic shots at the league title.
All five of the Big 12 teams that won on Saturday held their opponents far below their season average for points. In fact, none of them allowed the opposition to score more than 21 points.
The team at the forefront of the league’s defensive resurgence is Texas Tech, which stuffed high-powered West Virginia in a 49-14 blowout win on Saturday.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out