AUSTIN (AP) - The Baylor Bears have a chance to do something that Texas fans have hardly imagined would be possible: beat the Longhorns three years in a row.
That’s never happened over 101 meetings dating to 1901. Texas holds such a lopsided edge in the Big 12 rivalry (73-24-4) that Baylor has seldom even beaten the Longhorns twice in a row.
But here come the Bears (3-2, 0-2) on Saturday night, looking to drive a stake into Texas’ season that now looks so fragile after a 4-0 start. The Longhorns (4-2, 1-2) have lost two in a row, including last week’s 63-21 debacle against Oklahoma.
The Longhorns need a win to shore up confidence in a defense that has allowed at least 31 points in four consecutive games.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out