AUSTIN (AP) – The Texas Secretary of State’s office has announced that a record 13.64 million Texans have registered to vote.
The state’s chief election officer said that is up from the previous total of 13.5 million. The state has about 18.2 million people of voting age.
The final registration list was announced Friday, just before early voting is set to begin on Monday.
Voting officials will not require a photo identification card from people who bring their voter registration certificates to the polling place. Registered voters without their certificates may use other proof of identity to cast a ballot.
Early voting continues through Nov. 2. Election Day is Nov. 6.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out