ARLINGTON (CBSDFW) - A longtime Arlington pharmacist is recovering after he was beaten with a tire iron during a robbery on Saturday.
Rick Ray says the robber, wearing a black Halloween mask, came into Arlington Pharmacy North near I-30 and Cooper Saturday afternoon and demanded all the pain medication.
“We walked back towards the back, and I reached in the safe. That’s when he started hitting me and knocked me down,” said Ray, who quickly grabbed his pistol and fired at the suspect. “I guess I got up and got a shot off. He hit me another couple of times and then he left.”
Authorities believe the suspect was wounded by Ray.
Despite a face full of cuts and bruises from the tire iron, Ray says he did not suffer permanent damage in the attack.
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out