SEATTLE (AP) - Brad Evans scored twice, including the go-ahead goal, to lead the Seattle Sounders to a 3-1 victory over FC Dallas on Sunday night.
The Sounders (15-7-11, 56 points), who already have clinched their fourth straight MLS playoff berth, climbed into a second-place tie with Real Salt Lake in the Western Conference. Both teams have one game remaining.
The loss eliminated FC Dallas (9-13-11, 38 points) from playoff contention, securing the fifth and final spot in the West for Vancouver.
The Sounders did not have head coach Sigi Schmid on the sidelines. He was serving a one-game suspension after making comments critical of the officiating following Wednesday’s 0-0 tie with Salt Lake in Seattle. Lead assistant coach Brian Schmetzer ran the team in Schmid’s absence.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out